- Choose 1 activity from the list. You don't have to do all of them!! Complete using your spelling words found in the resources tab. We are working oi, oy words. Our list is loaded on the resources tab.
-Rainbow Write (use different colors)
-Write each word 3 times
-ABC Order (write your spelling words in ABC order)
-Write a Story (use as many spelling words as you can)
-Use each word in a sentence (write OR record on Seesaw)
-Fancy Write (such as bubble letters, dot letters, cursive)
-Spelling Quiz (have someone at home quiz you)
-Make up a song using your words :) (record on Seesaw)
- Go onto Seesaw and read about the 2018 Winter Olympic Games.
- Answer the 6 questions on the side.
- Click the green check marks to send it to me.
- Finish the stories we have been working on in Book Creator. You should have a cover, a table of contents with at least 5 topics, page numbers, and 2 pages about each of your 5 headings. If you want to do more than 5 that’s great!
- Don’t forget to use capital letters, spaces, and punctuation marks.
- When you are finished hit read to me. In the top right corner will be a square with an arrow on it. Click that button to save your story as a PDF on Seesaw!
- Go onto Seesaw. Find the page with 6 math problems. (only 6!) Even though there are only a few problems most have double regrouping! Make sure you are checking over your answers before sending them!
- Copy and edit to write on the page. OR if you need more room you can rewrite the problems on a separate sheet of paper and send a picture of that to me. Whatever is easier!
- Solve all 6 problems and send them to me.
- Play on Prodigy for at least 15 minutes. There should be lots of regrouping problems!
We have been talking about how not all liquids are the same. Some liquids are “heavier” than others. Today we are going to experiment with several different liquids.
- Find a clear jar or cup.
- Choose 3-5 liquids from the list that you have at home. Liquids you could use: honey, dish soap, syrup, cooking oil, water, milk, corn syrup. (If you want to add food coloring to some of the ingredients and then mix them together go for it!)
- Put the liquids into the jar/cup. Set for a few minutes.
- Take a picture of the different layers of your jar. Tell me which liquid was the heaviest, and which was the lightest. When you are finished, send it to me on Seesaw. We will compare jars when we get back to school.
- We have been discussing symbols of America in class. Watch this short video about one of the symbols of the Olympics : safeYouTube.net/w/YAIc
- Write down what the Olympic rings represent and take a picture on Seesaw. Send to me when you are finished.
PE - Click Mrs. Armstrong's Website for instructions!
Mrs. Armstrong's Website
Mr. Henke's Website
Mr. Guernsey's Website
Ms. Beckort's Website